About Christchurch City
Staying in an accommodation in Christchurch's central city is an excellent way to experience all that this popular South Island city has to offer.
Known as the 'Garden City' of New Zealand, Christchurch is home to many parks and gardens. The largest urban parks, which are popular with visitors and locals, namely the Botanical Gardens and Hagley Park, are both within walking distance of CentrePoint on Colombo.
As the largest city in the South Island, Christchurch is a gateway for travellers exploring the southern end of New Zealand. Christchurch is recovering from a series of earthquakes and visitors will be able to experience first hand the re-birth of a great city.
While areas of the city centre remain cordoned, visitors can still enjoy arts and crafts markets in both the city centre and suburban neighbourhoods and a wide range of great restaurants and shopping throughout the city. The Botanic Gardens retain the charm of an 'English' Garden with ducks and punts cruising gently along the River Avon, which meanders through the area.
Some of the highlights which visitors at our central city location tend to enjoy most
- Transitional Cathedral, Arts and crafts markets,World Buskers Festival, Ellerslie Flower Show, restaurants and the Wizard - Christchurch’s infamous street speaker.
- Botanic Gardens and Hagley Parks - Explore the flora and fauna of New Zealand and the beautiful rose gardens of Christchurch.
- Central city shopping – New Regent Street, Re:Start Container Mall boutique shopping, plus Ballantynes Department Store.
- Fine dining - the best of Canterbury cuisine or a plethora of international flavours.
- Heritage - Canterbury Museum.
- Activities - punting, walking, sight-seeing, Tram, Gondola.
- Daytrips - Akaroa, Hanmer Springs, Trans Alpine Train, Kaikoura
Christchurch Casino is only 5 minutes walk from CentrePoint on Colombo Motel. Our Christchurch motel accommodation options are perfectly suited to leisure, business and corporate travellers, because of our central city motel location. ...more